07 December 2009

Mozilla Firefox

This isn't really radio related, so I didn't include it in my post about the National Weather Service Trip over on the "Monitoring Post." The computers at NWS Charleston weren't using Internet Explorer, they were using the Mozilla Firefox browser. The Firefox browser seemed to have some pretty good features; one of my favorites was to the ability to create panes within a browser window and have multiple sites up within one window or tab. Over the weekend I downloaded and installed Firefox on my home machine to try out. I found that it interfaces with the version of Norton I use just like IE does. I find that sites also load much quicker in Firefox than they do on IE.

In addition to downloading and installing Firefox on the home computer, I have also done the same on my netbook and set it as the default browser on both machines.

Mac McCormick III

No comments:

Post a Comment