23 January 2009

Music and Aviation Memories

I've been continuing my project of reloading the iPod tonight and I just imported Van Halen's Greatest Hits Vol. 1. Listening to some of the tracks off of the CD made me remember a couple of my favorite aviation memories.

First, the track "Dreams" always makes me think of a great Blue Angels video that was made with this song as the backing music. It's a great video and wish I could find a copy of it somewhere.

Second, the track "Right Now" reminds of an F-15 demo at a Robins AFB airshow some years back. There was a slight pause in the flight demos and "Right Now" began playing; during the piano intro folks thought there was a delay in the show. Listening to the scanner, I knew that the F-15 was coming, I just wasn't sure from where... About the time the first hard beat at the end of the piano intro came in, the F-15 from the demo team hit show center from behind the crowd at full throttle! It rates right up there with the 347th Composite Wing's missing man formation for the Blue Angel that died at the Moody Airshow with the most impressive thing I've seen at an airshow.

Mac McCormick III
kf4lmt@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment