19 November 2008

Speed Performance Awards Pt. 1

I was looking at the Speed Performance Awards website today and was contemplating their choices for the Oops Award, Best Move, and Biggest Hit. So far I've not made up my mind on the Best Move award.

Oops Award
This is a no-brainer for me. Lewis Hamilton crashing into the back of Kimi Raikonnen at the Canadian GP this year has to be the biggest Oops of the year. Hamilton crashed into the back of a stopped car on the pit lane; how do you beat that?

Biggest Hit
This one in my mind is a tie between Stephane Ortelli in the LMS at Monza and Michael McDowell in NASCAR at Texas. Both are spectacular in nature and the fact that both drivers survived (although Ortelli definitely got the short end of the stick) is amazing. If forced to pick between the two, I would have to pick Ortelli at Monza simply because of the way his car flew just over McNish's Audi.

Mac McCormick
kf4lmt@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment