11 November 2008

Veterans Day 2008

On Veterans' Day I usually find myself working. This year, I had the holiday off and spent it observing Veterans' Day with my family; my father is a 20 year Navy veteran. With my parents, I travelled to the Veterans' Day Ceremony at the Veterans Park of Effingham in Springfield, GA. After the ceremony, I took them to lunch. After lunch, we came home and my father I spent time together searching for Veteran's Day special event stations on amateur radio. All in all, it was a day well spent in remembrance of those who have served our country.


Below, my Uncle Laverne and my father, Mac Jr. both of whom are retired US Navy Chief Petty Officers. Uncle Laverne was interviewed by WTOC after the ceremony.


Below, A Vietnam Veteran and an Iraqi War veteran talk about coming home from their tours.




Family and friends look at the names of the Veterans from Effingham County listed on the monument's wall. Effingham County Veterans from the Revolutionary War to present day are listed.



Mac McCormick
kf4lmt@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment