21 April 2010

Obama Hatred

The hatred that many people have for President Obama never ceases to amaze me. This morning on Facebook, I noticed that more than one person likes this:
DEAR-LORD-THIS-YEAR-YOU-TOOK-MY-FAVORITE-ACTOR-PATRICK-SWAYZIE-YOU-TOOK-MY-FAVORITE-ACTRESS-FARAH-FAWCETT-YOU-TOOK-MY-FAVORITE-SINGER-MICHAEL-JACKSON-I-JUST-WANTED-TO-LET-YOU-KNOW-MY-FAVORITE-PRESIDENT-IS-BARACK-OBAMA-AMEN
Since when has it become acceptable to wish death upon someone just because you don't like them? People who consider themselves Christians are hoping that the President dies. Unbelievable. I didn't particularly like George Bush but I would never have wished death upon him or expressed that I wished that he would have died. I don't believe that Obama has done a good job as President, but I don't wish that he would die. I'm sure that the person who created this believes that it is an attempt at humor. It really isn't funny.

We live in truly sad times when we cannot argue our differences civilly and peacefully, instead resorting to things like this. It is bad enough that someone would have these feelings in the first first place, but instead of making comments like these, perhaps people should put their energy into campaigning against Obama and electing representatives that they believe can counter his policies.

Mac McCormick III

No comments:

Post a Comment