09 March 2010

Lil Wayne Going to Jail = Elvis Serving in the Army?

Yesterday an interesting news story made it's way across the Google News website. I wouldn't know Lil Wayne if he was standing in front of me nor have I ever listened to any of him music, but the headline of the article drew me to it: "Lil Wayne Going To Jail Is Like Elvis Being Drafted."

With all due respect, I can't see a comparison between Lil Wayne going to prison over a firearms charge and Elvis doing his military service. This article compares the effect on pop music between the two events and a friend of Lil Wayne states that the effect will be similar. Perhaps so, but Lil Wayne is going to prison. Elvis was drafted, did his service without complaining and by all reports was a good soldier while he was in.

I am not an Elvis fan, but in the end, there is just no comparison. It really is disrespectful to Elvis Presley to make that comparison.

Mac McCormick III

No comments:

Post a Comment